GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: A Behavioral health technician (BHT) will be responsible in providing direct and support services to female or male drug and alcohol abusers. REQUIRED EDUCATION: Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent Preferred: one or more years of experience as a behavioral health technician or one-year previous experience working in a chemical dependency residential or inpatient treatment program Required: Valid Driver’s License, CPR Licensure SKILLS:
- Lift 25lb
- Clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Knowledge and understanding of substance abuse and mental health as well as associated nuances.
- Ability to work within team-oriented setting.
- Have the utmost awareness to display empathy and respect to all religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others.
- Strong ability to speak and respond calmly and clearly in positive or negative situations; listens actively, seeks out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems or to get clarification and responds well to questions.
- Consistent execution and follow-up abilities with keen organizational skills is needed to fulfill required duties.
- Possess knowledge, skills and abilities in verbal and written communication as well as software including outlook, electronic medical records (EMR), Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Drive.
- Provide mentoring and support services for clients
- Provides transportation services for clients as needed
- Provide clinical team and management with client status updates and recommendations
- Provide drug screening analysis and medication observation services
- Assist patients with any case management services if required
- Provides interventions and/or support as necessary to monitor acute and chronic mental health conditions and substance abuse concerns.
- Must continuously maintain compliance with the agency’s Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics to ensure all ethical and legal requirements are always adhered to.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedure manual, Employee Handbook, personnel regulations and maintains appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Complies with the confidentiality and HIPAA protection regulations, ensuring that information on individuals remains confidential.
- Maintain written records and report back to line management.
- Attend scheduled supervisory sessions with the supervisor of the behavioral health technicians
- Attend staff meeting and trainings as scheduled and as necessary.
- Maintains a minimum of 18 CEUs per year in continuing education.
- Maintains up-to-date CPR Licensure
- Communicates with staff and management on any behavioral observations made during shift and notifies behavioral health technician supervisor in the event of any problem while on shift.
- Maintains a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with other staff and professionals. This will include, as indicated, coordination and participation with administration, support staff, clinicians, case managers, care managers and other medical colleagues.
- Respects and considers input from everyone involved in clients’ care or support systems.
- Represents the agency to the community in a professional manner by demonstrating a professional attitude, sound judgment, and continuity in interactions with others in the community, maintains professional boundaries.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: A person in this position is responsible for the effective development of client treatment plans, the coordination of counseling activities and the handling of client case management in accordance with the Clinical Director to ensure consistency of treatment. The Primary Therapist must also manage client records and required treatment documentation with accuracy and timeliness. This individual provides quality client care through individual sessions, family sessions, support sessions, group sessions etc. A person in this position will be required to do clinical assessments for new or established clients. This individual must have a high degree of sensitivity to the agency’s target populations. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function required for this position. REQUIRED EDUCATION: Preferred degree in the behavioral sciences from an institution of higher learning, Preferred Certification such as Certified Addictions Specialist or Certified Addictions Counselor/ Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Professional Continuing Education Units (CEU) is required once hired to ensure therapist meet core competencies. A person in this position must complete all required trainings. EXPERIENCE/SKILL: A minimum of 1 year of experience in a counseling setting, with a background in substance abuse treatment is required. Must have knowledge and experience in both individual and/or group counseling as well as supportive recovery services for persons dealing with substance abuse. To be a primary counselor requires communication, listening and social skills. One will also need skills in problem solving, conflict resolution, planning and organizing. These skills are necessary to enable participative discussions and learning among clients, their families, peers and others participating in both group and individual sessions, allowing them to express and present different opinions while maintaining a respectful environment. Must be able to complete assessments in a timely manner. Must have good record keeping skills. A person in this position must possess basic knowledge, skills and abilities in software including electronic medical records (EMR), Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Drive. SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for adherence to all policies and procedures of the agency.
- Facilitate individual and group sessions and complete timely and accurate documentation.
- Follow curriculum based on agency target population.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the clinical client charts and any other company licensure/certification guidelines including, but not limited to: treatment plans, clinical progress notes, obtaining client signatures where required, and ensuring individual and group duration is
- maintained according to standards.
- Take group attendance using client sign-in sheets, and maintain accurate documentation of individual session attendance.
- Participates in group and individual supervision monthly and as needed.
- Completes all necessary documentation necessary to improve the overall agency. This individual will turn in all necessary Quality Assurance forms to designated staff when required.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Maintains a minimum of 16 CEUs per year in continuing education.
- Completes assessments, intakes, and orientation, along with designing and implementing treatment planning with clients.
- Documents in a legible and professional manner when required.
- Functions as a part of a clinical treatment team.
- Notifies Clinical Director in the event of any problems or issues with clients or staff members.
- Must continuously maintain compliance with the agency’s Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics to ensure all ethical and legal requirements are adhered to always.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlines in the Employee Handbook, personnel file and internal communications.
- Maintain agency’s Code of Conduct, Laws of Confidentiality, HIPAA rules and regulations, and maintains appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Maintains all necessary all mandated Google docs and tracking forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Outreach Coordinator is responsible for facilitating incoming patient relations, and overall onboarding experience at Pax Memphis. REQUIRED EDUCATION: High Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred EXPERIENCE/SKILL The Outreach Coordinator must have the skills and competency to communicate with people at all levels of the organization, patients and external agencies. They must be agreeable and professional whilst being able to gather information and refer it to the appropriate member of the team. Accurate information gathering is essential as is the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize conflicting demands whilst working effectively. They will have the ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others. They will be sensitive to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy. They will be able to work alone but also in a team, with fellow staff, in the business setting and will actively seek out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems. The candidate will have good time management skills and will actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems whilst also being open to suggestions from others in order to find solutions. SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Knowledge of the services that Pax Memphis can provide to its patients.
- Understanding of and skills in intelligence gathering on existing referral sources and competitors.
- Following up on leads and potential clients referred directly or from referral sources.
- Undertaking of presentations to potential referral sources and building and maintaining of relationships.
- Providing facility tours as needed
- Understanding of how the organization can appreciate its own innovations and market them to external referral agencies in marketing a “what makes us different” approach.
- Ability to clearly communicate with key members of the team with regards to potential admits and clients in the pipeline.
- To maintain written records and report back to line management.
- To attend regular team meetings and provide updates on admission activities that have been undertaken or which are due to take place.
- To adhere to all Pax Memphis policies and procedures.
- To comply with the confidentiality and HIPAA protection regulations, ensuring that information on individuals remains confidential.
- Other duties as required.