GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
A person in this position is responsible for the effective development of client treatment plans, the coordination of counseling activities and the handling of client case management in accordance with the Clinical Director to ensure consistency of treatment. The Primary Therapist must also manage client records and required treatment documentation with accuracy and timeliness. This individual provides quality client care through individual sessions, family sessions, support sessions, group sessions etc. A person in this position will be required to do clinical assessments for new or established clients. This individual must have a high degree of sensitivity to the agency’s target populations. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function required for this position.
Preferred degree in the behavioral sciences from an institution of higher learning, Preferred Certification such as Certified Addictions Specialist or Certified Addictions Counselor/ Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Professional Continuing Education Units (CEU) is required once hired to ensure therapist meet core competencies. A person in this position must complete all required trainings.
A minimum of 1 year of experience in a counseling setting, with a background in substance abuse treatment is required. Must have knowledge and experience in both individual and/or group counseling as well as supportive recovery services for persons dealing with substance abuse. To be a primary counselor requires communication, listening and social skills. One will also need skills in problem solving, conflict resolution, planning and organizing. These skills are necessary to enable participative discussions and learning among clients, their families, peers and others participating in both group and individual sessions, allowing them to express and present different opinions while maintaining a respectful environment. Must be able to complete assessments in a timely manner. Must have good record keeping skills. A person in this position must possess basic knowledge, skills and abilities in software including electronic medical records (EMR), Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Drive.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for adherence to all policies and procedures of the agency.
- Facilitate individual and group sessions and complete timely and accurate documentation.
- Follow curriculum based on agency target population.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the clinical client charts and any other company licensure/certification guidelines including, but not limited to: treatment plans, clinical progress notes, obtaining client signatures where required, and ensuring individual and group duration is
- maintained according to standards.
- Take group attendance using client sign-in sheets, and maintain accurate documentation of individual session attendance.
- Participates in group and individual supervision monthly and as needed.
- Completes all necessary documentation necessary to improve the overall agency. This individual will turn in all necessary Quality Assurance forms to designated staff when required.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Maintains a minimum of 16 CEUs per year in continuing education.
- Completes assessments, intakes, and orientation, along with designing and implementing treatment planning with clients.
- Documents in a legible and professional manner when required.
- Functions as a part of a clinical treatment team.
- Notifies Clinical Director in the event of any problems or issues with clients or staff members.
- Must continuously maintain compliance with the agency’s Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics to ensure all ethical and legal requirements are adhered to always.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlines in the Employee Handbook, personnel file and internal communications.
- Maintain agency’s Code of Conduct, Laws of Confidentiality, HIPAA rules and regulations, and maintains appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Maintains all necessary all mandated Google docs and tracking forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.